Posted: June 4, 2019
You can do the following with a partner.
Visit the Magnetic Hill Zoo website, and select two different animals that can be seen at the zoo. https://www.moncton.ca/magnetichillzoo
Referring back to the biome project that was completed in the fall, answer the questions about each of the animals that you have selected.
1. What is the animal's name?
2. What is its scientific name?
3. What biome does it typically live in? (desert, arctic tundra, boreal forest, temperate forest, tropical rainforest, or grasslands)
4. What is the climate of that biome? (Average temperature, rainfall/snowfall)
5. What adaptations allow it to live in that biome?
After visiting the zoo, compare what you see with what you've researched. Is there anything that you would recommend to the zoo to make the animal more comfortable?